Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Vale Ministry Graduation



   
      Here I am front left at the ordination of graduates from The Vale Ministry. We had the most wonderful day and it was a privilege to see the students step forward and say ‘yes’ to serving through their ministry.

When I was ordained with Mary in 2007 it was the most extraordinary feeling. There is huge excitement of course but for me this was tinged with fear of the unknown. What on earth had I just committed too? The week before we had taken our vows and these are personal vows that we have written and then in front of the other ministers commit to try to live them every day.

I fail my vows on a regular basis of course, being human means I am in the flow of my emotions and life challenges. The question is not “did I fail?” more, “was I able to get up again after I had fallen”?

Living up to my vows is something I try to do and I am proud of my commitment to myself and my increasing ability 7 years down the line to let them live through me. These wonderful graduates and students are about to step into the river of life in a unique and powerful way. I wish them all a wonderful journey.

If you would like to start your journey to become ordained as Multi-Faith Minister, visit The Vale Ministries website www.valeministry.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment