Friday 26 February 2016

NEW Aromatherapy Affirmation Candles Launching Soon







It is with HUGE excitement that we can announce our long awaited candles are READY and will be launching online on the 7th of March.

Our collection of Aromatherapy Affirmation Candles are all hand-blended and hand-poured using the purest Coconut Waxes and Pure Aromatherapy. Totally chemical, petroleum, soy and toxin free. Each beautiful candle is aligned to the chakras with homeopathic crystals to bring you pure indulgence and luxury. The candles are ideal for relaxation and meditation or for use in therapy treatments.

The high quality of oils means you only need to burn them for 30 mins at a time to release the natural oils and to scent your room. The luxury packaging and inspirational affirmations ensure this is the ultimate gift, either for yourself and ‘self-pampering’ or family and friends. Each candle will retail at £36, but do keep an eye out for a special launch discount, coming soon. If you would like an exclusive first look at our candles join us this weekend at the Organic and Natural Beauty Show at the Excel in London, as part of Professional Beauty 2016. I hope you enjoy using them as much as I have enjoyed making them. If you want to find out more about the candles and the process involved, see the full story below.

Love Sarah xx



THE STORY!

Well my beautiful candles have taken me on yet another journey of discovery! The main reason they have taken so long is that my research into the source of ingredients and waxes has been an eye opener to say the least!

I always knew I didn’t want petroleum based paraffin wax as it has long been known that the fumes are bad for our health. Look at your walls around burning candles and imagine that in your lungs…. I thought I would be using Soy candles as they are so popular these days, but you know me, I research the source of everything I use and it was not pretty investigating. Almost all Soy wax is now grown in America by Monsanto, a company I would never buy from or associate with. Much arable farmland is now taken up with growing Soy and Rapeseed in vast swathes, for vegetable oils and waxes whilst many Americans go hungry and without vegetables. It’s simply not a process I could ethically work with.

Then I found that almost all aroma is actually chemical based and it is legal for chemical identical ‘aromatherapy’ to be used and sold in candles as Aromatherapy! Almost all the lovely candles from all the major candle shops we love, are filling our lungs with more chemicals and toxicity. Some of them are so toxic, if you have an oil spillage whilst making the candles you have to call environmental health in to deal with it! Almost all of them are toxic to aquatic life which means somewhere along the line, they will get into the water-table, and many are toxic to animals. Sadly, all the candles in my home that were not natural went in the bin (that was all of them).

I almost gave up finding a great base wax that was non-toxic, pure and held the aromatherapy scent well. Then finally I found a great natural coconut wax that was exactly what I was looking for – ask and it is given! I know you will love the wax as much as I do, if you are a candle lover like me you can tell the purity of the wax just by looking at it and the heavenly smell of aromatherapy is such a treat to the senses. Don’t expect overpowering strong smells, proper Aromatherapy candles are subtle and gentle and soothe the mind, body and soul. Needless to say we only use 100% pure aromatherapy blended to awaken the senses not overpower them.

 I can’t wait to hear what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment